G999 (also known as Gee Nein Nein Nein) a gold-backed cryptocurrency with a 999.9% 24 karat purity.
G999 Project Information
After splitting from Karatbars and his partner in Karatbars, Harald Seiz (who started a competing project V999), Josip Heit and Alexandru Cocindau started the G999 project on top of Gold Standard Bank. G999 seems to be a direct fork of PIVX, and much of its documentation seems to correlate to a previous project called BitcoinPOS.
From its marketing material: G999 is a peer-to-peer electronic cash system that aims to become sound global money with fast payments, micro fees, a new generation of communication, and high transaction capacity.
The New Zealand regulator, FMA issued a warning against G999 and related companies.
- In-depth Review - https://youtu.be/EHADs4wy-Sg
- G-Crypt analysis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXe891WPiOc&t=5s
- G-Crypt Blog Post - https://g-crypt.com/g999-scam-opportunity/
- Coinmarketcap - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/g999/
- Financial Markets Authority - https://www.fma.govt.nz/news-and-resources/warnings-and-alerts/karatbars-karatbit/